From:
Paula Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 10:39:11 -0400
At 05:00 AM 5/30/98 -0400, Russell Jaslow wrote:

>I went to the Sabres playoff game last night, and while looking up at
>the banners hanging from the rafters, I was surprised, and pleased, to
>see the largest banner advertising the fact that Buffalo is the proud
>host of the Division I College Hockey Championships in 2003.
>
>Quite impressive for an event still 5 years away.

I think college hockey fans will be quite surprised by Buffalo when 2003
rolls around.

Not to start any sort of flaming debate :) but imho, Buffalonians are by far
the most dedicated sports fans I've ever met.  You name a sport--if they
play it in Buffalo, these people are insane for it.

And they love their hockey.

In addition to the fanaticism bordering on religion that Buffalonians
exhibit for all sports, don't forget the city's proximity to and
relationship with its Canadian neighbors.

Buffalo (or "BFLO," to the initiated) is a great spot for the NCAA
tournament.  I can hardly wait.

(This has been the not-at-all biased opinion of Paula C. Weston, Girl
Reporter and unrepentant Buffalo Bills fan.)