From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 20:57:54 -0400
Mike Machnik wrote --

>Where are the lacrosse finals held?  The Meadowlands?  Or on campus?  If on
>campus, it might lower the cost needed to rent the stadium and thus result
>in a lower increase in the price of a ticket package.  Does anyone know how
>the cost of the lacrosse package changed when the combined tourney was
>begun?

The NC$$ lacrosse championships were held at the home of my alma mater,
Rutgers - the State University of New Jersey, a school that (as my
significant other never lets me forget) doesn't have a "real" hockey team
(it's a club).  The D-1 games were held in Rutgers stadium; while the D-2
and D-3 games were held at the adjacent soccer/lacrosse field.  One of my
friends who lives in the area told me that the D-1 games drew between
19,000 and 23,000, while the other games drew somewhere between 5000-9000.

Tickets were sold in advance for the entire series only.  Individual game
tickets were sold the day of the event.  The package was something like $25
per ticket, and individual games cost somewhere between $10 and $15 each.
Parking was extra.

Cost of the tickets were definitely kept down by having the games on a
college campus.  If the event were held at the Meadowlands, the ticket
prices would have been much higher.

Lindsay A Huntoon
Go Black Bears
"Anaheim or Bust in 1999"