From:
"NWLB (E-Ticket)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 15:06:34 -0400
I'm not sure after this season that I'd apply the label of lucky, great,
poor, emerging, fadeing, or much of anything else to anybody else.  This
seemed to be a year where anybody could and typically did beat anybody and
everybody else.  Ending with the title game and going all the way back to
the first non-conference games.  It has just been a far-out and wacky
year.  And I think next year will be something of a follow-up to this
year, only it may well be just as unlikely as this year was.

We saw in the CCHA teams that seemed doomed to the bottom half make it to
the playoffs, we saw the most unlikely team of all in OSU make it all the
way to the NCAA semi finals, we saw Michigan somehow manage a run to a
title, we my beloved BGSU wind up in the bottom of the heap, but do I
expect Michigan to win it all next year, OSU make the same run, or BGSU to
sit looking up at everybody else?  Nope.  I don't know for sure what will
happen, but it will interesting to watch.

Nathan W.L. Boyle