From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1992 23:41:44 LCL
 Cornell 4  USAF 1

Cornell 0 3 1 --4
USAF    1 0 0 --1

Please don't confuse the score with last night's game, as Cornell came away
with a win of the Air Force hockey team at the Cadet Ice Arena in Colorado
Springs on Saturday night.  Again, I'd defer the detailed summary to people
like Bill, but would comment on what I heard on the radio(I was at the
basketball game but tuned in to the radio broadcast).

  Tonight's game was refereed by Bob Ames, the same guy who refed last night.
As if he did not call enough penalties against Cornell last night, midway thru
the second period he called at least seven penalties on the Big Red.  Toward
the end of the second period, I believed Cornell was called for three penalties
in a row, resulting in two 5-3 power plays for the Air Force (while Cornell had
two in the box, Ames called a third penalty on the Big Red), leaving Cornell to
kill AF power plays for a sustained period.  From the radio announcers, I
gathered that Ames was calling things there were minor and overlooked many AF
infractions early in the game.  He did call three or four penalties on the AF
late in the third period but I'm sure he did not make friends on either team.
Goaltender Parris Duffus made many terrific saves (27 for the game, I think) to
keep AF from gaining on Cornell.  The game winner came on a Phil Nobel goal on
a power play, in the first half of the second period.
Cornell will entertain Yale and Princeton at Lynah this coming weekend.  Thanks
to George for the quick response to my ticket request.  If there are more extra
tickets for either game, please let me know.  My boss would very much like to
take his wife to another hockey game.

Tom Tseng '87
PS:  Chinese New Year is February 4 this year.