Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 23:25:56 -0700
At 12:42 AM 3/2/98 EST, Randy May wrote:

>Seen CC lately? They are healthy now and just a wee bit better than
>mediocre.....and GAINING. 6 of their last 7 in the win column, 9th best win %
>in all of college hockey.

Yeah, I saw both games this weekend (one in person).

Yes, they're playing better than they have been the past two months. But
compared to the rest of the teams they would have to face in the
tournament, they're still a somewhat mediocre team.

Two wins against at home against a 14-20-2 Minnesota squad isn't much to
write home about. 6 of the last 7 is nice, but just 3 weeks ago they lost
and tied to a Denver team with only 8 wins (at they time). They've gotta
beat this same Denver team in the first round of the WCHAs if they're going
to go anywhere.

CC showed some good talent out there, but I also saw more than a few lapses
in defensive concentration (esp saturday) and missed offensive chances.
With the way the tournament teams are shaping up this year, a strong
defense is required for any success, and I just didn't see that in the
Tiger squad this weekend.

Also, I don't know what people consider winning percentage out there.
Personally, I think it should be a the percentage of games a team played
that they WON -- not tied, not lost. After all, ties don't win
championships :-)

Quick computation of ranked team's records has the Tigers in 12th for win%:
(all records taken March 1 from UCHO)

1  North Dakota 26-5-1          .813
2  Boston U             25-5-2          .781
3  Mich State   26-4-5          .743
4  Yale         20-6-1          .741
5  Michigan             25-9-1          .714
6  New Hmpshire 22-8-1          .710
7  Clarkson             18-7-3          .643
8  Boston Col   21-8-4          .636
9  Wisconsin            21-12-1 .618
10 Ohio State   20-11-2 .606
11 St Cloud             19-11-2 .594
12 Col College  20-11-3 .588
13 Northeastern 20-12-2 .588
14 Miami                19-11-4 .559

greenie
S P O O N  ! !
(go BU)

Since BU dropped football, does that mean Silber fumbled?
Real grass at Nickerson for the *real* football! Yippee!