From:
Marni Tyson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marni Tyson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 20:39:41 -0500
> April Fools, right?

I'm pretty sure John was "fooling" about Bill Muckalt, Marty Turco and
Bubba Berenzweig leaving school early.  I fell for it hard, promptly
calling the Sports Director of WTKA radio, which broadcasts the Red
Berenson Show and Michigan hockey games, to see if it was true.  He said
he had heard the "rumour" and was pretty sure it was an April Fools Day
joke.

On Coach Berenson's radio show, most of the team showed up to the remote
location (Banfield's Bar and Tavern) and many of them said a few words on
air with regards to next year.  Marty Turco was one of those guys. Neither
Bubba nor Muckalt spoke, and I don't know if they were there, but Berenson
mentioned the key roles they will play leading next year's defense and
offense, respectively. I assume he'd know if they were leaving. .. ?

Now that I've calmed down since reading John's post, it does seem a touch
ODD to think of Bubba playing for the Islanders THIS WEEK. (No slam on
Bubba's talent here, but come on. . .)

I hesitate to write about Berenson's comments on the Michigan/BU game
since I wasn't glued to the radio, but he definitely complimented the BU
players for their tremendous game.

Marni Tyson
(5 years grad school at U of M, moving to Boston in July!)