From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:03:13 -0700
Try this for rationale.  I don't know if this makes sense, but
we are talking about the ECAC. :)

IF the first two games go OT, then there could be two
exhausted teams going into game 3 which could lead to
injuries, bad play, etc.

Another idea, is that this series might favor the underdog.
All the 'dog has to do is go 1-0-1, which is easier than 2-0 or
2-1.  Maybe the ECAC like more sweating by the home
teams.  Lord knows, I'm sweating about tonight's game.

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he wished for the good
old two games total goals to count series (but that is a
different thread).

Joe
Clarkson '77