From:
Dan Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:49:17 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: IBM Global Services
Managed Operations - North
Client Services Representative
Building 504 / 2J5-21, Fishkill, New York
Phone: 914-892-5259 or 8/532-5259
IBM Mail:  DOLSEN @ IBMUS or IBMUSM00(DOLSEN)
Internet Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Epilogue:

I know that the officials for ECAC regular season games are largely determined
by their proximity to the school (for example, Joel Dupree is from Massena, NY
and he was often seen manning the lines at Clarkson and SLU...not bad because
Joel is one of the top rated linesmen in the country).

I was wondering how the officials are chosen as the league playoffs continue.
I assume that there is some kind of ratings system that each league uses to
evaluate which officials are doing the best job and they get first dibs (or
maybe it's based on seniority).  Anyway, besides this, do the top officials get
to choose which games they do or are the assigned.  If they are assigned, is
there any thought given to redirect an official away from a team that had a
major conflict with him.