From:
"Todd D. Milewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd D. Milewski
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:11:20 -0600
I have to give a whole lot of credit to the Gophers.

While they didn't look like a team that could win the NCAA title for five
periods, they really turned it on in the third period Saturday night, and
made me believe that if they play like that the rest of the year, they'll be
tough to beat.

That said, let's look at the Badgers.  On second thought, let's not.  In
contrast to last year's miraculous finish to the regular season, where they
were unbeaten in their last nine, they have lost seven in a row this season,
and look poised for their first WCHA opening-round exit in a long time.

Also, this weekend the Badgers lost Tim Rothering to a sprained left
shoulder.  Sauer isn't optimistic on his chances for returning to action
this weekend in CC.  Injuries continue to plague UW, as they can now add
Rothering to Gusak, Krug, Raygor (who's been gone all year, actually) and
Bianchi (who still appears to be feeling the effects of a shoulder injury)
on a list of banged-up Badgers.

Coach Sauer is going to have to instill some confidence in a frustrated
Badger team; confidence I'm not sure he has.

On Wisconsin!
Todd
By Todd D. Milewski             [log in to unmask]
of The Cardinal staff           [log in to unmask]
                                http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/5614