From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:06:00 PST
Is it just my impression from afar, or have there been more melees this year
than usual?
Most recently: MSU and Western Michigan, in which 11 players were suspended.
Earlier: UM and Bowling Green.
And I can remember reading about others on the list this season.
Hockey isn't basketball or football, and the referee/officials culture
differs by sport.
But why is this tolerated to the degree it seems to be in college hockey?
How can the ADs and presidents of the respective universities tolerate this
kind of representation at their schools?
Most ADs and presidents aren't "hockey people," so they can't really be
saying, "Well, that's just hockey," like we hockey people say.
I'm not trying to single out any programs or coaches.
But is it "just hockey"?

Steve Klein