From:
MATTHEW CALDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MATTHEW CALDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 06:54:32 -0500
     I'm writing to clarify the little tag line that I added to the message
     I wrote yesterday (They should've fired Walsh...).  When I referenced
     Mike Addesa in my sign off, I meant no disparagement to the man that
     coached my alma mater for many years (albeit before I arrived there).
     I have the highest respect for the man that won it all in Detroit in
     '85, the man who recruited the likes of Daren Puppa, Adam Oates, John
     Carter, and Joe Juneau.  I'm an RPI fan first and foremost, but as a
     Maine native, I'm also a Black Bear fan, and since Orono is a 1-1/2
     hour drive and Troy is a 6-1/2 hour drive, I tend to see more Maine
     games each year.  My message was in response to my frustration with a
     situation that I see having a serious effect on the quality of my most
     accessible winter entertainment.

     For the record, from what I read when I was at RPI, I don't think they
     should have fired Addesa.  If Walsh shows devotion to the school and
     stays at Maine long enough to completely right the ship, maybe I'll be
     able to say the same about him.

     Matt
     PROUD TO BE   RPI '94