From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 07:49:00 EDT
Karl writes...
 -----------------------------------
off------------------------------------
>I'm really surprised this hasn't gotten any attention here.  Is it because
the
>parameters of "who calls what where" has yet to be defined?  If so, has
anyone
>heard anything more about it?  Or are we all just spending too much time in
>the sun (especially those of you in Alaska near the Arctic Circle)?

Who calls what where seems fairly well defined.  I don't have
the NCAA News article with me, but I believe the trailing assistant
referee can call anything and everything that the referee does
not see...even in the offensive zone.  It's basically the CCHA
system with maybe a little more latitude for "linesmen" to call
penalties.  I've heard (has it been posted/confirmed?) that all
four Division I conferences will use this system in 1996-97.

John H...U [log in to unmask]