From:
Howard Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 22:37:38 -0500
>This made me wonder:  If the high stick limit around the goal is the top of
>the net, and shoulder level in general on the rest of the ice (if this is the
>case), would Legg's goal be legal coming over the top of the net because the
>puck was in contact with the stick until it was below the top of the net?  Or
>does the position of and/or contact with the puck not matter at all, just the
>height of the stick relative to the goal?

The high stick limit is 4 feet (the height of the goal) in all situations
(rule 6-18).  I would imagine that if Legg had in fact brought his stick
over the top of the goal rather than around the side the goal would not
have counted.

Howie

Howard Stein                               Go Big Red!
Cornell '91                                Kill, Schafer, Kill!
[log in to unmask]                           "Hooligans with horns" alumni