Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 11:52:22 -0500
        I would have to agree with Todd when he says:

I could not agree more with Zac.  Leaving a game after a tie, you get a
hollow feeling.  It's like nothing's happened since you entered the
building.  I also think overtime in the regular season should be extended,
at least to 20 minutes, if not until someone scores.

        Hockey East tried to cure this with a five minute suddne death
overtime, and if no winner there, a shootout format.  I, like many other
HE fans, like the idea of playing for a winner, but not the idea of a
shootout.  Todd also mentioned the fact that it is a teamgame and should
not rely on how a few players perform.  It is less "satisfying" in
my eyes (a shoot out that is...) as a fan to watch a 65 minutes of a game
with good hard checks, shots from the point, glove saves, screen
shots...and then to have the fate of the game decided by a one-on-one.
It just doesn't quite cut it.   In this case, it's not the players who
wal;k out with the hollow feeling, I think it's the fans.  Especiall in
HE, where it ISN'T a win, but a ShootOut Win; where Mike Machnik has
proven that in both years it has existed, it has made no difference in
standings, compared to being considered ties.

        HE, if I'm not mistaken, has decided that it's quaterfinals are a
best out of three series, where each game is played to a winner.  Can
anyone tell me if this means 20 minutes of sudden death, or is it going
to be 20 minutes of play???

Marcus Day

GO CATS...