From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 17:56:49 EST
Showing my Eastern bias, I must comment that predictions of the ECAC only
garnering two bids are a bit premature.  Teams like St. Lawrence, Colgate and
Cornell have a legitimate shot at winning the tournament.  Assuming Clarkson
doesn't nosedive for the rest of the season, that scenario could result in three
ECAC teams making the playoffs.  Assuming that the Committee would give two bids
to Hockey East, even if BU wins the regular season and the tournmanent, that
would result in five Eastern teams, and big time crumbling from the Hockey-l
reps west of Buffalo.

Also, I remain available for assistance in locating tickets for the Knick R
Regionals, and travel plans to the Albany area in general.  I am surprised by
the posters claim that there are no good seats left for purchase.  The Knick
has fine sight lines, and anything in the middle rows, including the upper deck
offer excellent vantage points.  For that matter the ends are also very
acceptable, although the higher the better.  The only really bad seats are in the
corners down low, since your vision will be restricted by the player's benches.

Finally, reflecting a chauvinistic mindset, I think it would be a disaster to
send four Western teams to the Knick.  Attendance would undoubtedly be affected.
That scenario must remind The Albany
Sports Foundation of the '92 massacre, which sent four western teams to the
Frozen Four, and negatively effected the attendance figures.  This regional is
extremely important to the Foundation, who wants to put on as good a face as
possible to bolster its bid for an upcoming Phinal.  I would think a good
turn-out, minimum 10,000, would certainly add some luster to the Albany bid.
But four western teams might be a tough sell, except for all those RPI fans in
the center section. :-)
Brian Morris                       RPI Engineers--1995 ECAC Champions