From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark J. Sonnier
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 09:51:51 -0800
At 01:22 PM 1/5/96 -0400, Geoff Howell wrote:

>4) Team USA - Minnesota-bound Ben Clymer was the player of the tourney
>for Team USA, IMO. He didn't play a flashy game on defense, but he
>generally played mistake-free hockey and showed great poise with and
>without the puck. No other defenseman, except maybe Mike McBain, came
>close to matching Clymer's consistency. Up front, Mike Sylvia (one of
>three USA players of the tournament, along with Bryan Berard and
>Marty Reasoner) was one of the few players to provide consistent
>offense. Almost evey forward had his moment of brilliance - maybe
>Reasoner and Chris Drury more than most others, but they all struggled
>defensively. Way too many breakdowns in the neutral zone leading to
>odd-man rushes, particulary in the first three games of the tourney.

>Team USA stats (goals-assists-points/PM/plus-minus):
>Brian Swanson (2-1-3/29/+5)

I thought Swanson played pretty well, as his team-leading +/- rating would
attest. I felt he was as much of a playmaker as anyone on Team USA, slicing
his way to the net on many occasions. Of course, he was the lone Alaskan on
the squad so I probably watched him closer than some others...

Mark
=   Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.  Purchasing Agent  UAA Procurement Services   =
=    internet: [log in to unmask]  <PH 907-786-6505>  <FAX 907-786-6515>    =
=         UAF Nanook Hockey - The Hottest Game South of the Yukon         =