From:
"Brady W. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brady W. Clark
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 01:23:05 -0900
        I only heard this game on the radio from Anchorage, but I was
rather stunned by a call which may have determined the outcome of the
game and seems at the very least to have been questionable.
        MTU's first goal was scored on what was basically an empty net
because an MTU player had fallen on UAA's goalie and then proceeded to
not get up.  Not only was the goal allowed, but no penalty was
assessed on this player, who obviously made contact with the goalie in
the goalie's "protection zone."
        Given the fact that UAA was *cost* a victory against Northern
Michigan because of a 5 minute major assessed one of our players for
being *pushed* into the goalie two weeks ago, this call seemed rather
shocking.
        Personally, if one is going to err, I would certainly prefer
to see the second scenario... *DON'T TOUCH THE GOALIE*.
        I hope I have the full story on this... Any comments from
anyone who saw this one in person?

Brady Clark
Go Seawolves!