From:
"Tuthill, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tuthill, Richard
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 06:02:00 EST
     I had the rare privilege of listening to an RPI game on WRPI last
night.   I am never in town for RPI or Union games,  and last night was an
exception that I had looked forward to.   And,  of course,  I got stuck at
the office and could not get over to the Field House.

     But no problem!   On the way home, I tuned in to 91.5,  and there were
Jay and Mike,  loud and clear.   Nice job,  guys!

     What was clear from that broadcast was that it became increasingly
difficult to be diplomatic about the officiating.   How many referees does
the ECAC have,  anyway???   The only ones you hear about on this list are
Harry and Pierre  --  and occasionally my personal favorite,  Melanson.
  Three guys out of an officiating corps that has to number at least in the
low dozens.    Can't something be done,  or is their union too strong???
  Poor officiating will drag a sport down faster than anything,  witness
high school soccer.

     For those of you in the Midwest who think I may be carping,  I've seen
Shegos (sp?) whom you folks all criticize  --  on TV.   Let me tell you he
is just fine.   In fact,  he would be a breath of fresh air at  certain
games in the ECAC.

     -- Dick Tuthill