From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 10:28:37 -0700
I think that the top ten thing is a good yardstick for sure.

On the topic of interleague
games, I know that RPI plays 22 league games and a total of 32 for 10
non-league.  To me this is about right.  IN basketball, e.g. the Pac 12,
they play 22 league home and away and about 8 to 10 outside.  The outside
games sometimes provide a lot of national interest, Duke vs. UCLA etc. and
I think the same could happen in college hockey.  I understand the
reluctance of the WCHA to go away from the 32 leagues games (is that
right?) which leaves only a few for non-league and I understand the
arch-rival thing and the economic thing, but in the long run I think it
best if things open up.  What if the WCHA went to travel partners
switching Fri and Sat like the ECAC and only played two (or three if it
could be worked out) vs league members, that would leave 8 or so for non
league encounters.

Also, I think it would be nice if the month of October and first half of
Nov were devoted to this, then start league action after this.

Just my HO.

Tony Buffa
 RPI '64