From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 19:52:16 -0400
Just received the Yale media guide in the mail ... gone are the
old, simple 'Yale' jerseys. They are replaced by what looks like a
heavy-jowled cartoon bulldog head streaking across a partial eclipse.
'Yale' is relegated to a strip at the bottom of the jersey, thus to be
obscured by the act of players tucking in the front of their shirts.
A note inside the media guide indicates that the jerseys were designed
by New Haven-based Starter, the same people who have all those annoying
advertisements on T.V. So much for tradition.

I also noticed that Vermont had new uniforms on the UVM/BU telecast.
It was tough to assess on the tube, but the mountain lion (I presume)
intertwined with the 'V' on the front looked an awful lot like a giant
rat to me. Maybe it was the tail. What is the response up north, I
wonder?

Any other uniform changes out there?

Geoff Howell
Drop the Puck Magazine