From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 10:01:01 EDT
Dick Tuthill wrote:
>      At the risk of being lectured to again by Mike,  I'd like to expand on

I'd like to request that people be sensitive to unnecessary sniping at Mike.
As the ADMIN guy for this list, Mike puts in an enormous amount of time to
keep things going (I, for one, don't understand how he can do it).  In the
course of moderating posts he subjects himself to even more abuse than other
prominent posters have to endure.  The ADMIN position is one that is ripe for
burnout and I'd hate to see that happen with Mike, especially if it results
from extra-curricular and unwarranted snipes like this one.

I read Mike's post and there wasn't anything even remotely "lecturing" about
it.  As I posted previously (I'm a bit behind because I'm on the digest) Mike's
post contained almost exactly what I was going to say.  And referring to it as
a "lecture" is unfair and belittles the considerable amount of time it takes
for Mike to make contributions like these.

Perhaps it was unintentional.  Dick is a fine guy who I met when his son was
playing in a tournament up here (how's Mandala doing, Dick?) and so I have to
assume it was a just a slip.

But I do feel that unless we've got some other sucker, umm... some individual
who has fairness and a black-hole level of dedication, time, and ability to
absorb sniping, we should be more sensitive to avoiding burning out our ADMIN.

Of course, I'm not saying that we shouldn't disagree.  After all, this isn't
MACHNIK-L.  :-)   I don't agree lock-step with all of Mike's views, since
he is, occasionally, wrong.  :-)  But let's avoid the unnecessary potshots.

Hope everyone takes this the right way,

DaveH