From:
Scott Quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 10:49:07 PDT
yet another idea is simply to introduce a new conference somewhere.
sounds like there are a number of DII schools that could move
up and be competitive in a couple of years.

cutting conference games for non-conference games is also a possibility.
you could cut the conference games down to 2 per team (maybe alternating
sites every year), and increase non-conference games.  that way we could
see more classics like last april's michigan-maine contest.  i'm sure
it was equally exciting to see lssu playing bu for the second year in
a row.  imagine the possibilities.  we could see games like this instead
of more games like maine beating up on umass amherst (or whichever
team dwells in the cellar in a particular year).

yeah, i could run ncaa hockey.  put me in coach!

scott quakkelaar

--
scott quakkelaar