From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 16:44:50 -0400
I think all involved are looking forward to it.  Western expressed some
concern that they would lose money with one last home game.  Frankly that
sounds like a lot fuss over very little money.  The CCHA front office
likes to promote college hockey, and this is a great oppertunity.  The
MAC wants to attract more people to the Bowl game to increase attendance
so it is adding two Basketball games (Miami of Ohio, and Ball State vs.
UC-Long Beach, and UNLV) and a Hockey Game between BGSU and WMU.  The
idea is that more people will head over there for the Bowl game if they
know there will be a lot to do and see.  It is a sound marketing move
that benafits all teams involved, and the conferences they play in.  All
in all it seems like a "no-brainer" to me.  I wouldn't have booked my
tickets to Las Vegas if I hadn't known I could see BG play WMU.  This
give me something to see no matter what happens in Football.  (not that I
expect anything other than BGSU winning the MAC title but.....)

Nathan W.L. Boyle
BGSU's #1 Fan