From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 20:58:27 -0600
In news article <[log in to unmask]> you wrote:
=> Any refs out there see the changes coming for this season?
=> I just got the list last week--I'm looking forward to the first time
=> I get to use the 'shorthanded team with delayed penalty
=> gets scored on' one for the first time....
=>
=> Robert
=>
=> --
=> Robert Slaven  email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
=> Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada      (Quote: Horace Walpole)
=> The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel.

Ah yes, is this the one where
1) some rule says that if you are short handed and get scored on
   the penalty gets wiped, and
2) another rule says that if you are about to get called for a
   delayed penalty and the other team scores before you get control of
   the puck, that penalty gets wiped

so you end up at full strength?   What have they done now?  Seems like
there are 5 choices.

1) old penalty wiped, new penalty starts
2) old penalty continues, new penalty wiped
3) both wiped
4) neither wiped
5) choice between 1 and 2, depending on how much time is left.

trick question 1.  What if one, or both, is a major?
trick question 2.  Answer for all of the following:
      a) NHL
      b) Other Pro Leagues
      c) Major Junior A
      d) other Junior
      e) NC$$
      f) canadian college
      g) other leagues

hope nobody minds my posting this to the college hockey discussion
list, but I wasn't certain if mr. slaven was talking about a college
hockey or not.  Moreover, he may be related to somebody on the list.
Furthermore, I know of at least two people on the list who can provide
the definitive answer to at least part of the questions.  On top of
that, it is the off season.
--

charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]