Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 13:06:24 EDT
Ah, a topic that gives me a chance to inject one of my favorite bits of
trivia.  There has already been some discussion of hockey players who have
also participated in other sports at their colleges/universities... but
how many have played hockey and another sport in college and won NC$$
championships in BOTH sports?

I suspect there are others, but so far, I've come up with only one:  Bob
Rule of Cornell.  Bob was the backup goaltender behind Brian Cropper in
1969-70, the year the Big Red went 29-0.  He only played a few periods, but
he did combine with Cropper in a shutout that year.  Bob also was an All-
American goaltender with the lacrosse team, and in 1971, he helped the Big
Red capture the NC$$'s first-ever lacrosse championship.

Gee, this IS a long off-season...

P.S.  Just checked Webster's, and it defines "alumnus" as "a graduate or
      former student of a college or school."
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"There is a moment early in 'Apollo 13' when astronaut Jim Lovell is taking
 some press on a tour of the Kennedy Space Center, and he brags that they have
 a computer 'that fits in one room and can send out millions of instructions.'
 And I'm thinking to myself that I'm writing this review on a better computer
 than the one that got us to the moon."
-- Roger Ebert, reviewing "Apollo 13"