From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 14:19:14 -0700
I picked up the west coast version (if there is such a beast) of the USA
Today and found a look at the first round matchups on Page 8C, but NO
actual predictions.  RPI folks had better hope that USA Today did NOT pick
RPI to win, given their early season predictions, which, I think I recall,
were all wet.  Also, perhaps the anti-woof gods, sensing that perhaps the
post of a prediction for an RPI victory, might be appeased that there was
no prediction, hence no pseudo-woofing!  :-)

It is funny that they say "winner plays HE regular-season co-champion
Maine ..." after the NH-Denver game, but only "winner plays Boston U ...."
after the LSSU-Clarkson game, with no mention of them either being the
other co-champ or the tourney winner...... Go BU!!

================================
On Fri, 24 Mar 1995, John Deetjen wrote:

> I would have to say I agree with the predictions, somewhat. I think New
> Hampshire will beat Denver, but it won't be easy. I also think RPI will have
> a harder time with Minnesota, mainly because of the Gophers' tournament
> experience. Denver's one of those teams which hasn't been making the tourney
> the last few years, and UNH, even though they haven't been there in a while,
> could pose a problem for them.
===================

In regards UNH, I think they went last year, I'm pretty sure I remember
them shutting out RPI 2-0 in the opening round, then losing the next.  So
they HAVE been there.  A bit more experience than Denver?   Perhaps enough
to mean victory.

I take it the relative absence of postings on this early sunny :-)
afternoon in soggy California means a lot of you are at the games!!  Let's
hear about 'em!

Go Engineers!!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64