From:
Peter Dankens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 20:03:09 -0500
From last Friday's (3/10/95) Boston Globe.  Enjoy.

It Runs in the Family

A top Clintonista recently quoted in The New Republic says of
Newton's own Barney
Frank:  "The guy is [expletive] brilliant, out-of-this-world
smart."  Well, he comes by it on
his father's side.

That's right, Rep. Frank numbers among his relations Shemp
Howard, of the Three
Stooges fame.  (Stoogeophiles remember that Shemp was the one
with the straight black
hair, who joined brother Moe and replaced brother Curly in the
greatest show busines
team ever assembled.)  "Howard [nee Horowitz] married a cousin
of my father's," Frank
explains.  "My family was made up of successful businessmen,
who were somewhat
embarrassed when she married an actor.  Then when everyone went
broke in the
depression, and he was making money, they learned to love him."

End of Article

Thus are linked one of history's great clowns, and the
congressman who took more balls off the chin than Carlton Fisk.
 Truth is stranger than Fiction.

Peter

P.S.  Pro, are you still in for Saturday Night???  Let me know.
. .