Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 19:55:28 EST
John Zack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Not much surprises me when we are taling about $$$ and the NC$$ but
> I'm not sure I understand what Machnik's comment implies.  Is it true
> that the $$$ that the NC$$ brings in from its hockey tornament are
> actually distributed in such a way that Division I hockey schools
> see little or none of it?  That's hard to believe.  There must be
> more to this story....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a school has to be a Division I
school to reap any monetary rewards.  In other words, Lowell, for example,
a Division II school that plays Division I hockey, would receive zilch if
they won the entire tourney (just an example, kids).  Florida
International, on the other hand, the 64th seed in the orange-ball
tourney, will receive cash just for being named to the field!!

   - Steve

     Go Lowell!