From:
John Zack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:35:37 -0500
Mike Machnik wrote:

> more.  But it won't matter, because in general, everyone will still be
> happy and that's what counts - along with the fact that the regionals
> and finals will continue to draw well and bring oodles of $$$ into the
> NC$$'s coffers...money that will be redistributed to those well-known
> hockey schools like Florida State, while schools like RPI, LSSU, CC,
> Clarkson, etc. will not see a penny of it.

Not much surprises me when we are taling about $$$ and the NC$$ but
I'm not sure I understand what Machnik's comment implies.  Is it true
that the $$$ that the NC$$ brings in from its hockey tornament are
actually distributed in such a way that Division I hockey schools
see little or none of it?  That's hard to believe.  There must be
more to this story....

John Zack
Cornell '77 '81