From:
Bill Balloni <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Balloni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 14:42:37 U
Katie wrote:

>I think the playoff (WCHA) format is fair - how would you propose to
>change it to keep the #1 team's RPI from falling, keeping the pairings
>fair to all teams involved?

seeding, how about "freezing" the RPICH schedule difficulty figures at the
end of the regular season?  This way, number one seeds playing low seeds
will not be penalized with a lowering of their Opp Win%.  A team's own win%
will still change (and OppOpp Win%??) in figuring the index as the
playoffs progress.

Bill Balloni
Wisconsin '85  --  WCHA tourney title here we come!