Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 07:37:43 EST
        I thought the automatic bids went to the regular season winners
and to the tournament winners with the remainder decided by the RPI
including the "accuracy of the method" tiebreaking procedure.

        Why then are we talking about whether the ECAC will get 2 or 3
seeds?   If,  as seems more and more likely every day,  Clarkson runs the table
at Placid,  the ECAC will almost surely get only one seed.   True folks???

        Second question:  is the committee constrained to using the RPI
in seeding the tournament once the selections have been made?   My impression
is that it is not  --  that it can do what it darn pleases.   If so,  my
guess is that it will have a very hard time putting UNH ahead of Clarkson,
given Tech's regular season and (by then) league tournament championships.
(And also given the almost equal HE v ECAC record this year.)

        Have I missed something?

        -- Dick Tuthill