From:
"Andrew W. Golla" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew W. Golla
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 01:40:54 -0600
>Does anyone out there know if any Div. 1 schools are recruiting Duluth
>East's Spehar and Locker? I was really impressed with Spehar's play! Do
>Juniors in HS start getting recruited or do only HS seniors get recruited?

After the last two games I think everyone will be recruiting them.

>I would have to say the media build up of Bloomington Jefferson's team
>was the biggest overhype since Geraldo's opening of Al Capone's vault....

[cut]

The Bloomington Jefferson team I saw Thursday was a very different team
from the one I watched play against Apple Valley the Saturday before.  I
think getting set back three goals in ten minutes really set them back on
their heels, they played in shock for the rest of the first period.  The
also played much more tentative the rest of the game, the defense always
seemed to be looking over their shoulder (to see if Spehar was there), and
thier transitions were not nearly as good as normal.  However, this was not
as good a B-J team as last year as far as I saw (course, I only saw 2
games).

I also think it might have been a very different game had Ryan DeWolf's
shot gone in early (I think it was shortly after Spehar's frist goal).  As
the game went on they played more and more desperate.  Sometimes even good
teams can have bad days, and the shock of what Duluth East did to them
early would be hard for anyone to shake off.

As far as your disappointment with their performance goes, maybe you should
ask for your money back.

Last:  I think Wally Shaver put it best after Spehar's fifth goal of the
tournement tonight (he went on to score another a little later):  "How many
goals is this kid going to score next year?"  He and Locker together are
phenomonal.

Andrew Golla

Andrew W. Golla       <<[log in to unmask]>>  or