From:
Ryan R Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan R Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 12:45:38 -0600
Reed,
        I have heard that Spehar will probably go to St. Cloud State.. I
seriously hope Woog gets Locker. But for some reason Woog seems to only
get metro players, with the exception of a few guys.. As far as I am
concerned, the best player on this year's Jefferson team is Sophomore
Toby Peterson. And those out there who say that Spehar is too small to
play for the Gophs, I disagree, the Gophers have a lot of very small
players, and Spehar would be a great forward.
        There are a lot of great players in the northern half of the
state. Spehar and Locker from Duluth East will go division 1. THere is a
good underclassmen in Grand Rapids named Aaron Miskovich i think.
Moorhead's Troy Bagne is also a can't miss division 1 player. I am just
glad the Gophers at least got Wyatt Smith from Warroad.
        And if you noticed, the all-state first team forwards are all
northern boys:
Matt Cullen - Moorhead
Wyatt Smith - Warroad
Dave Spehar - Duluth East

        No, I am not cutting down metro players, there are a lot of good
ones.. But it seems more often than not that northern players get
overlooked..

Ryan
GO SPUDS!!!!