From:
Ian Kennish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian Kennish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 10:37:55 -0500
        As usual, Geoff is right on the money. As a former teammate of
his, I can attest that Stevie is a tremendous hockey player; without a
doubt the best all-around player in the ECAC (even though this year has
been a tough one for him).
        But his temperment would sometimes cost us. When Vermont played us
at home last year, we were tied heading into the final minutes when Stevie
drew a penalty (someone cheap-shotted him). Well, instead of taking it and
giving Harvard a chance to win it on the power play, Stevie socked the
other player right back, nullifying our pp opportunity. The game ended in
a tie.
        Coach Tomassoni went ballistic after the game, and sat Martins for
the Dartmouth tilt the following night (we were able to eke out a 2-1
victory without him). So it's no surprise to me that other teams are
trying to goad him into stupid penalties and double-teaming him and the
like; Harvard Hockey means everything to Martins and it's a shame to see
his collegiate career ending the way it looks it might. He deserved a
better fate this year.

        Ian Kennish
        Harvard 1994

--------Ian T. Kennish----------------------------HeadsUp sales associate------
        tel: 1-800-766-4224 ext. 587              fax: 1-800-417-1000
        INT: [log in to unmask]