From:
Mike Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 16:36:10 -0500
>3.  Again during the UAF series on Saturday night before a faceoff during
>the third period when the drop occurs 20 feet away from us, we were
>chanting and pointing at Curtis Fry and Brian Fish yelling FISH  -  FRY
>FISH  - FRY and Brian Holzinger started laughing so hard that he left the
>faceoff circle and you could see grins on mst of the players faces as
>well.

Now that's funny :)

but yeah, players can hear the fans.  The day we started the
Elliott.....Idiot chant (first pointing to freshman goaltender Jason
Elliott and then to the opposing goalie) we asked Elliott during the press
conference if he could hear the fans.  He said he tried not to, but yeah he
coul definitely hear it.

-Mike