From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 09:48:53 -0600
Ryan Bowman writes:

>*My roommate also hit UND coach Blais with a poster when Minnesota fans
>were throwing posters on the ice as a result of a horrid call..

This was an inexcusable display of poor sportsmanship.  It was a very rare
occurrence; objects are almost never thrown on the ice at Mariucci Arena.
The officials would have been justified in calling a delay of game penalty,
as it took several minutes to clear the clutter from the ice.  As that would
have left Minnesota two men short, with the score tied and 3:27 left in the
third period, it could have cost them the game.

This just goes to show that jerks can be found in any arena.

-- Erik

GO GOPHERS!
SKI-U-MAH!