From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 03:17:55 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Luiz F. Valente <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>Posted on 21 Feb 1995 at 13:27:19 by Andrew Weise
>>
>>Re: ECAC and Hobey Baker
>>
>>> With all respect to Sullivan of Yale and Thomas of UVM, both of whom I think
>>> are great goalies, I don't think a goalie has much of a shot of being
>>> nominated....
>>
>>Well, I could be wrong, but wasn't Neil Little a finalist last year? I
>>remember his name being talked about all year whenever the Hobey was
>>mentioned.
>
>Neil Little was indeed one of the ten finalists, although he didn't have
>a particularly strong season. Dwayne Roloson (Lowell), J.P.MacKersie
>(Boston University), Geoff Finch (Brown) and Jason Currie (Clarkson)
>were the eastern All-Star goalies. Neil Little was ranked sixth in the
>ECAC in goals-against average, and fourth in save percentage. He had
>been much better as a junior in 1992-93 when, in my opinion, he was
>clearly the best goalie in the East.
>
>Luiz F. Valente

I am intotal agreement with Luiz on this issue.

I do think that Mike Parsons is possibly the most underrated of all
the ECAC goaltenders.

Going back to the goalie not having a shot, if I am not mistaken, I
believe that 4 of the 10 finalists last year were goalies.

Neil Little of RPI, Roloson of Lowell, Steve Shields of michigan, and
Jamie Ram of Michigan Tech.

Should be interesting to see if the comitteee continues the trend, or if
the propaganda was too much last year to overcome the goalies, or
if it stays true.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *