From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 14:53:15 -0500
Deron Treadwell writes:
>University of Maine Hockey 1994-5 Stats
>   as of Nov. 14, 1994
>   * Blair Allison leads all Hockey East Goal tenders with a 2.65
>    GAA I believe..

I haven't been able to type in HE stats and notes for this week (too
busy), but on "Iron Man" Allison, his 2.51 GAA is tops in HE league
games. However, his 2.45 overall GAA is second to UNH's Mike Heinke
(2.36).  Heinke is also #1 in overall save%, .917.  Allison is 4th
among the goalies listed, .888.

I noticed that Allison is credited with 382 minutes in HE action, yet
Maine has only played 375 min (6x60 + 3x5).  Maybe Allison got 7
minutes played for the shootouts. :-)

Players from the two Merrimack Valley teams are out in front in
individual stats.  Greg Bullock's 8-14--22 in 8 GP leads UML and HE in
overall scoring.  Leading defensive scorer is Mark Cornforth of
Merrimack with 3-9--12, and leading rookie scorer is Merrimack's Casey
Kesselring (6-4--10).  Jeff Daw of UML leads in goals (9) while
Bullock is setting the pace in assists with 14.

BU's Mike Grier leads the Terriers in scoring with 6-4--10 in 6
games...last year he finished with 9-9--18 in 39 GP.

HE may begin to run some shootout stats in its releases, too - things
like team goals for/against per shots taken/allowed, goaltender save%,
etc.  These don't count in the player/team official stats, of course.