From:
"Breitner, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Breitner, Mike
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 10:46:00 PST
NSU hockey team wins 2
-- By Aberdeen American News Sports Staff

BROOKINGS -- Northern State's hockey team showed it could win two different
ways.

  On Friday, the Wolves overwhelmed South Dakota State, 10-4.  On Saturday,
they outlasted the Jackrabbits 5-3.

  "I think we kind of got overconfident after last night," said coach Jay
Beasley on Saturday.  "Tonight it was winning ugly.  It was not a pretty
thing to watch, but as long as we're on the right side of the scoreboard,
we'll accept it and be grateful."

  Northern capitalized on penalties in Friday's game to score quickly.  But
Saturday, the Jackrabbits stayed out of the penalty box and Northern had to
battle.

  "In the end we won ugly, but we won it on conditioning.  We were just a
little stronger.  We had more left in our legs," said Beasley.

  Goaltender Kirk Zastoupil's save in the third period [Saturday] was a key
play, Beasley said.  "They had three men on him alone and shot at him point-
blank, but he plucked it out of the air," he said.

  The Wolves open their Holum Expo. season with a two-game series Saturday
an (sic) Sunday against the University of South Dakota.  Saturday's game is
at 7 p.m. and Sunday's begins at 2 p.m.

Northern              3  5  2  --  10
SD State              1  0  3  --   4

Shots on Goal:  NSU 14-18-12--44, SDSU 11-4-6--21

NSU                   2  1  2  --   5
SDSU                  1  2  0  --   3

Shots on Goal:  NSU 9-13-10--32, SDSU 10-14-10--34

Mike Breitner  ([log in to unmask])
Northern State University