From:
"Jeffrey M. Rosa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey M. Rosa
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 1994 12:25:59 -0500

> And, thank god michigan was playing Ohio state, because the defense was
> REALLY porous yet again.  On one play (I tihkn Ohio STate's first goal),
> there was one Michigan defenseman to beat, and the ohio state player was
> approaching the free puck and only the defenseman seperated the ohio
> state player from basically a 1 on 1 with goalie turco (there were poeple
> in the zone, but all on the other side).  So what did the defenseman do?
> Instead of going for the puck, he went the other direction, yielding
> basically a 1 on 1 and an ohio state score..

It's not really fair to blame the defense on the first goal because Ohio
State was up 2 men.  On the second goal, you complaint may be valid.  I'm
just happy that Michigan finally played with some intensity in the 2nd
period.  My seats are in the end that we defend twice and this is the
first time that I've actually seen them score in my end all season.
Hopefully, they won't suffer at let down tonight against LSSU.

--
Jeffrey M. Rosa
Institute of Public Policy Studies