From:
Chuck Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 11:49:00 CDT
>What I found disappointing about the game is seeing that the St. Paul
>Civic Center removed those cool clear boards and replaced them with
>the more popular white ones. This way they could add advertising to
>the walls....yuck.

The supposed reason for replacing the boards was that the cost to "buff" the
existing clear boards and to get them looking good would have been equal to
the cost of installing the new boards.  Well, that's probably a lot of fluff
because we all know how pro hockey teams like their ad revenue from selling
space on the dasher boards.  You had to know that it was going to happen.
I've heard that the people in the first 4 or 5 rows can't even see the near
faceoff dot anymore.  That takes away a lot of ice from the people down low.
Hopefully, they'll still use the boards for the WCHA Tournament and/ or the
state high school tourney. . .but I doubt it.

Chuck

Chuck Sackett                          Wisconsin Badger Hockey!
[log in to unmask]            NCAA Champs: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990!!!
Minneapolis, MN                             ON WISCONSIN!