From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 16:04:15 -0400
WEEI sort of had a live broadcast of BC AD Chet Gladchuk's press
conference dealing with the resignation of Mike Milbury.  I say sort
of because first, Eddie Andelman was late in allowing them to cut to
it.  Then, after a little while, they started having technical
difficulties and had to return to the station.  Supposedly there will
be a recap from Sean Grandy who was there live, but I had to leave the
car and return to work.

From what I heard, Gladchuk said absolutely nothing other than that he
wanted to give Milbury the resources to succeed and that he isn't
holding back the program.  This clearly infuriated Andelman, who went
into a tirade on his show about the whole situation (he referred to it
as "Disneyworld at Boston College") and asked why Milbury and Gladchuk
don't just come out and tell us what the issues were that they disagreed on
instead of having these press conferences where they don't say anything.
Andelman's point was that the Boston writers were going to dig and
find out the truth anyway, so why don't the principals just say what
is really going on.
Mike Machnik                                             [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                     *HMM* 11/13/93