Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 08:22:34 EDT
     Haven't had time to comment on a number of interesting posts that
I've seen recently,  but I've got a moment  -- so here goes.

     Feeder programs:  no question that the strongesyouth hockey in
the East these days is being played in the Metro Boston.   The top AHAUS
teams are,  by and large,  competitive at this level,  but don't get the
samstandard of competition day in day out.t.

     High school:  haven't heard any mention of the Connecticut prep
scene here  --  currently nsidered the most fertile ground by NHL
scouting.   Through in theSpringfield Pics (actually out ofnfield, CT,
these days).   Do the names Avon Old Farms and Canterbury ring a bell?

     Pierre Belanger:  I was greatly amused to see an SLU flame on Pierre.
The year Harvard won the NCAA,  they were dumped out of the ECAC tourney
by UVM in the semifinals.   UVM then played SLU for the championship.
Very close to the end of the game (was it in OT?),  Pierre gave UVM a
penalty on a *VERY* weak call.   SLU won on the ensuing power play (at least
that's my recction).   My personal least favorite is Melanson.

     Any feedback from the FL meetings last weekend?  I heard a rumor that
the NESCAC's would NOT be leaving the ECAC East.

     Has anyone heard if AHAUS will be banning checking from all youth
hockey soon?   This decision was supposed to have been made soon.   If so,
that will have a HUGE impact on the college game.   I personally think
the NAAHA approach is much better.   BTW,  I believe the push for the
ban comes from the Mid West.

     --  Dick Tuthill