From:
Brian Zive <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Zive <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 20:16:37 EST
Got an editorial/article published in the BU Daily Free Press
today.  It's about hockey fans, sort of.  Some of you may
get a kick out of it.  Here it is.

"Hockey is too exciting to watch with your shirt on" (the title
was made by the editor.)

Admittedly, the only game I saw my freshman year was the
championship game against Northern Michigan Universirty in 1991.
Now, as a graduating senior, I'm so involved in the BU mean's hockey
team that I can't seem to keep my shirt on at the hockey games.

More than a month ago, "Kitay's Kennel" focused on the legacy
fo the "Ogre" and the lethargic fan support at the hockey
games ("There's apapthy growing in the Garden," Feb. 14)  Perhaps
the student body has listened.  Five fan buses and more than 700
fans later, the BU contingent in Albany, N.Y., last weekend was quite
impressive.  Now the team and the fans are headed to ST. Paul, Minn.,
for the Final Four to face the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

I would like to reach all those who have not wintessed a BU game
in Walter Brown Arena.  Students can lose themselves in the action of
big-city life, not to mention the excitement of a university with
a cornucopia of activites and opportunities.

Perhaps an example will get you to the ticket office.  My first experience
was in my sophomore year: a two-game set against the University
of Minnesota-Duluth squad.  During my freshman year, I was
oblivious to the BU community.

Now, almost three seasons, numerous nicknames and many great memories
later, spectators ask me if I'm going to "do the shirt thing."
For those who are unfamiliar, the "shirt thing" is my way of getting
the crowd motivated and in high spirits, so in turn the crowd
can motivate the team.  Who knows, with the "Beverly Hills 90210"
look on the way out, maybe chest hair will be the next fashion icon.

Whether you are a low-key individual or a cheer-often-and-cheer-
loud sports fan, you are welcome at Walter Brown.  You can
make great friends, and you can do it without alcohol.  Now
there's a concept.

I am not headed to St. Paul, but I need not worry because I expect
BU will have a screening of all the remaining BU hockey games on
campus as it has done in the past.  Keep your eyes open to find out
where and when.  If you have an interest insports but know nothing
about the hockey team, I guarantee this will be the event that
will spark your interest.

Look for me.  They call me Sasquatch.

Brian "Sasquatch" Zive
BU CLA '94

-E-d--w-a-s--m-a-d-e--f-o-r--t-h-e--w-o-r-l-d--t-o--e-n-j-o-y---

Brian A. Zive
[log in to unmask]   "I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar."
[log in to unmask]                   -Edward Van Halen

-G-o-d--c-r-e-a-t-e-d--t-h-e--w-o-r-l-d--f-o-r--E-d-w-a-r-d-----