From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 10:52:23 -0500
This one totally baffled me.

I was quite surprised when Rick Comley said that the NC$$ selection
committee were required to treat Maine's forfeits as whatever the
actual result of the game. This didn't make any sense to me and,
with Maine being allowed to play in the HE Playoffs, made it as though
Maine was not punished at all, with the exception of their reputation.

Then I hear that the Committee has to treat the Tardif forfeits like
wins but they're not sure if they're going to treat the Tory forfeits
the same way. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Either you treat a forfeit like the actual result or you treat it like
a loss. I cannot conceive of how you could treat one situation one way
and another another way. If you're not going to treat the situations
the same, it seems like the Tardif forfeits should be treated more severely
if only because Tardif was one of UM's leading scorers and certainly had
more impact, while ineligible, than did Tory. But still, why treat
them differently??????

The NC$$:       The 8th Wonder of the World.

Bri Farenell                                     Clarkson '95
[log in to unmask]                 Glens Falls High '91
AHL and NCAA contact for rec.sport.hockey        Go Erin Whitten (GFH '89)!
Adirondack Red Wings, AHL Calder Cup Champs: '81  '86  '89  '92
Bri's Hoops Final Four picks: Arizona, Michigan, Kentucky and Florida.
Let's go Tech!  Better dead than Red!    Go Wildcats Go! (Arizona, of course)