From:
Charles Masenas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 1994 15:07:17 EST
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Allegedly, there was an RPI player in the crease
>who bowled over Clarkson goalie Jason Currie. Very shortly thereafter,
>an RPI player tipped the puck into the empty part of the net. There
>was no penalty called nor was the goal even waved off.

The RPI player was in the crease because he was dumped there by a Clarkson
defender attempting to thwart a partial breakaway.  Currie was on his back
inside the goal.  He was not injured but he was powerless to stop the goal.
Clarkson coach Morris' assertion (as reported in Sunday's Troy Record)  that
the RPI player left his feet to hit Currie is simply not true.  My seat was
on the goal line and I saw it well.

What does the rule book say about pileups in the goal and when whistles
should occur?  Does it matter who caused the pileup?

Charlie Masenas
"Go easy on Clarkson.  It isn't easy being green."