From:
Justin Doherty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Doherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1993 13:30:37 CST
Personally, I think the UAF plan is well thought out and warrants discussion.
In regards to the plan, however...should Mankato State remain unable to join
Division I hockey and, subsequently, the WCHA, perhaps North Dakota State is
another option.  NDSU is rumored to have everything in place to go D-I; in fact
, several weeks ago one of the Fargo (ND) Forum columnists reported that the
announcement was going to come very soon.  This would change things, however,
in the divisional allignment plan because North Dakota and North Dakota State
would probably have to be in the same division.  Believe me, a UND-NDSU hockey
game would proabably generate more interest in this state than any of UND's
longtime rivals does.  UND-NDSU is no different than Michigan-Michigan State,
Harvard-Yale, BU-BC, etc.  Anyway, the NDSU thing remains a rumor for now, with
 one bone of contention where the Bison would play.  There is a new 20,000-seat
 arena called the Fargodome in Fargo where the NDSU football team plays, along
with the Fargo CBA team, concerts, etc.  That is a possibility but I doubt
the Fargodome could be sold out for hockey other than if the Sioux played
there.  Just thought I'd throw this into the mix.

Justin Doherty