From:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1993 12:49:51 CST
Isaac wanted to know what I meant about Coach Dahl of SCSU "seeing the light"
and recruiting more Minnesotans instead of Canadians.

St Cloud State University got a beautiful facility built mainly with tax money
from the state. It was implied that this (SCSU program) would now provide an
additional outlet for the talented youngsters in the state at the Division 1
level.  When Craig Dahl did not spend much time recruiting the in-state talent
 he was severely criticized. In the last several years, Dahl recruit several
Canadian players that turned out to have academic problems or for other reasons
 have left SCSU. Now that can happen to anyone, but I think that perhaps coach
Dahl decided to see if the in-state talent would serve his team better. I think
 that it IS working for him and I'm glad to see it.

Minnesota is dedicated to recruiting the in-state talent, first. One of these
years, when we finally get to bring home the UGLY hardware, imagine how *extra*
 proud we would be to say we got it with the All-Minnesota team of Gophers.

-Carol

Carol S. White                            BITNET: c-whit@uminn1
University of Minnesota        internet:[log in to unmask]
Office of the Registrar
(612) 625-8517                                    GO Gophers!!!