From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1993 13:54:12 -0500
I know someone already posted the scores, so here are the box scores as
reported in the Boston Globe:

UMass 9, Villanova 1
--------------------
(at Amherst, MA)

Villanova(0-1)------0  0  1 - 1
UMass(1-1)----------2  5  2 - 9

Scoring:
UM  Mike Evans (Dale Hooper, Tom Perry)  12:30
UM  Perry (unassisted)  15:00

UM  Rob Bonneau (Blair Wager)  8:58
UM  Jaynen Rissling (unassisted)  10:18
UM  Warren Norris (Armand Latulippe)  12:13
UM  Perry (unassisted)  14:03
UM  Blair Manning (Gerry Cahill)  17:53

UM  Hooper (Wager)  3:23
UM  Tom Sheehan (Manning)  13:20
V   Ryan Stattenfield (Carl St. Pierre)  14:14

Saves:  V, Daniel Nedeau 20, Michael Kelly 20;  UM, Dave Kelduff 22

notes from story and my noting:  Perry scores 2 unassisted goals!
UMass plays first varsity game on campus since 1939.
Zamboni driver was wearing a tuxedo.  (now THAT'S class)
attendance: 5,124
Villanova could not score on a two-man advantage

BU 8, Colgate 4
---------------
(at Hamilton, N.Y.)

BU (2-0)-----------4  2  2 - 8
Colgate (0-1)------0  3  1 - 4

Scoring:
BU  Mike Pomichter (Chris O'Sullivan, Shawn Bates)  1:40
BU  Rich Brennan (Jay Pandolfo, O'Sullivan)  3:47
BU  Mike Prendergast (Bates, Pomichter)  14:49
BU  Pomichter (O'Sullivan, Jon Coleman)  16:24

C   Greg Lewis (Earl Cronin)  6:47
BU  Jacques Joubert (Brennan, Doug Friedman)  11:04
C   Steve DuBarry (Bruce Gardiner, Rod Pamenter)  12:36
BU  Jon Jenkins (Prendergast)  13:29
C   Don Fogarty (Cronan, Chris DeProfrio)  17:31

BU  Bill Pierce (Bob Lachance)  14:18
C   Dave Dubusschere (Ron Fogarty, Matt Garzon)  16:29
BU  Kaj Linna (Brennan, Steve Thornton)  17:40

Saves:  BU, J.P. McKersie 25, Derek Herlofsky 0; C, Jason Gates 27.

Story as quoted from globe:

  Left wing Mike Pomichter had two power-play goals and an assist in the first
period to spark Boston University to an 8-4 victory over Colgat in a nonleague
game last night in Hamilton, N.Y.
  The Terriers (2-0) were 4 for 6 on the man advantage, with Jacques Joubert
and Bill Pierce scoring the other two power-play goals.  Rich Brennan and Mike
Prendergast also connected in the first period as BU bolted to a 4-0 lead.
  Jon Jenkings and Kaj Linna had BU's other goals.  Jenkins' tally was short-
handed.
  Greg Lewis, Steve DuBarry, Ron Fogarty and Dave Dubusschere scored for
Colgate.

My note:
   I do not know why BU changed goalies so late in the game.  Hopefully, it is
not due to an injury.
   I noticed that defenseman Chris O'Sullivan had three assists in the first
period.  It is nice to see a freshman coming on so strong like that.

(Have to go now, will finish boxes later)

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre