From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1993 13:21:30 -0400
First of all, it's great to be back here on HOCKEY-L after a summer without
Net access.  Most of you will remember me.  I'm Jeremy Hall, and hopefully I'm
still listed as the net contact for Penn State.

And now, on to business...

I had hoped to post the tentative schedule for Penn State, but there were no
copies available...I did see a copy, however, on the door of the hockey
office, and noted the following:

 - Penn State faces its toughest schedule in recent years, including two ECAC
Div. III teams (Buffalo State and Fredonia), and an exhibition game against
the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, MA.  In addition, the Icers will
travel to Tuscon, AZ for two games against the always tough Arizona Icecats.

 - Once again, Penn State will host the Atlantic Collegiate Hockey League
tournament in late February.  The ACHL consists of Penn State, Rhode Island,
Maryland, Delaware, and West Chester.  Apparently, Navy must not have joined
the ACHL this season as had been rumored.

 - The American Collegiate Hockey Association National Tournament will be held
March 2-5, 1994, at Iowa State.  As you recall, Penn State came within one
goal of a perfect season and ACHA Championship, losing to North Dakota State
2-1 in the ACHA Championship game this past March, to finish with a 33-1-0
record.

Penn State will once again be coached by Joe Battista, who, through six years
at the helm of the Icers, has compiled an amazing record of 148-46-10, for a
.750 winning percentage.  However, the Icers will have to overcome the
graduation of eight outstanding players, including Bob Johnson Award winner
Ross Cowan (the Bob Johnson award is the ACHA equivalent of the Hobey Baker).

With any luck, I'll have the complete schedule soon.

 *       Jeremy Hall          [log in to unmask]          Penn State Univ.     *
 *                CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS: *1993* ECAC CHAMPIONS             *
 *                            PENN STATE ICERS:                              *
 *         1992-93 ATLANTIC LEAGUE REGULAR SEASON & TOURNAMENT CHAMPS        *
 *     LET'S GO TECH!!!!                                LET'S GO ICERS!!     *